Monday, July 14, 2014

EVENT REVIEW: TACOS N TEQUILA AT AVALON DANCECLUB & LOUNGE

Who wouldn’t go for $1 tacos and $3 Jose Cuervo after a long day at work? That’s exactly what Avalon Danceclub & Lounge (205 N 5th St) offers on Tuesday nights from 4-8pm.

I didn’t have any other drinks besides the Jose crafted into a version of my signature Socialyte Delight (Jose, Pineapple Juice, Peach Schnapps and Grenadine) so I can’t speak on any of the happy hour prices, but each drink was indeed $3 even though I had mixed drinks.

My friend and I each had 4 tacos and that was plenty. I actually took one home. Avalon forgoes the traditional lettuce/tomato/sour cream version of a taco, instead opting to serve Chimichurri soft tacos in your choice of beef brisket(!) or chicken. Each taco is dressed with pico de gallo, sauteed onions, cilantro, chimichurri sauce and mexican cheeses. The torillas seemed like they were made fresh, and the meats were moist and flavorful. The toppings blend wonderfully to make a great tasting, and filling, taco.

Besides the food and drink, the atmosphere was nice as well. The patio was open, and it seemed as though the bartenders and waitstaff were as attentive to the patrons outside as they were to those of us taking advantage of the venue’s AC. One thing that my friend and I also noticed was the generous amount of male eyecandy in attendance. A few other ladies came in before we left, but we were definitely outnumbered.

Another night of Tacos N Tequila is tomorrow starting at 4pm. Ladies, I would definitely get down there to see what the place has to offer. Oh and anyone looking for a good taco and decent drink should stop by as well.

@Socialyte

This review was originally posted on thepulse-radio.com on 7/14/14

No comments:

Post a Comment