Wednesday, February 5, 2014

New Music: King Fresh - T.G.I.F (Thank God I'm Fresh)



King Fresh, who is 1/3 of the super group Luxury League, and VP of Young World Muzik Ent., released his solo debut T.G.I.F (Thank God I'm Fresh) on Friday 1/31/14. I was introduced to Luxury League while doing promo for Rich NYCe's hip-hop documentary 614 Days of Summer and became a follower of their music. When I learned that Fresh was dropping an album, I was excited because I knew that I could expect a quality product. He did not disappoint.

While many artists today are releasing EPs with only a few songs, King Fresh's T.G.I.F. is a 15-track masterpiece with production by Selah Benjamin, C10, SupaNatra, Billionaire Boyscout, Miss Weezee, Lake Erie Monsta, and Shane Tubaugh. One-dimensional this album is not. While the songs Save Us, Bartlett, and Exotic, include the type of boasting that one would expect from someone named "King Fresh"; the artist taps into his emotional side and caters to the ladies on tracks Where She Go, Never Thought, and Situation. Luxury League's C10 and Selah Benjamin make an appearance on Let It Go. The infectious beat makes the track the perfect song to start a club night off right; and RSVP is crafted like a movie, giving the listener a peek into Fresh's past and how he came to be. Listen to American Nightmare through to the end, and you will see why the "American Dream" is not all what it's cracked up to be. Needless to say, this project has something for everybody.

King Fresh says,
"I believe that where ever you are in life is only because you're supposed to be there. If you're at the top or at the bottom it's all because you made it that way. If you want to be at the top, or you're not happy with where you are currently... Work your ass off to change it. And with this album (TGIF~Thank God I'm Fresh) the world will know where I'm headed; and that they can do it too."


Peep the album below, and grab your copy from Audiomack.com



Fresh is a native of Cleveland, but relocated to Columbus, Ohio to attend The Ohio State University. He still resides in the city after graduating with a Bachelor of the Arts degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment